2011年12月19日月曜日

Food for X-mas



Today is December 19th. X-mas will be coming soon, so I want to write about food for X-mas. What do you eat in the day of X-mas?
This picture is interesting because there are sushi and chicken on the same table!


In Japan, X-mas have been spread for around 1952. X-mas had been known in 1927 in Yamaguchi prefecture by missionaries. It have became one of year's events in Japan completely after the World War. People spend the day with family or friends or lovers at home or restaurant, for example. Then, they eat food for X-mas like chicken or cake and drink wine. I think that Japanese people don't believe any religions, so they just enjoy food, present and illuminations.

I would like to introduce of what kinds of food people eat in X-mas in the world.
American people eat a turkey. British people eat roast beef or chicken. French people eat grilled rabbit meat. Finn people eat rice porridge of milk. There are people who eat fish instead of meat in these countries.

What will you eat in this X-mas? Did you decide yet? Have a good holiday!

2 件のコメント:

  1. I havent known that the first place which selebrate Christmas in Japan is Yamaguchi
    !!! wow! I think I am going to make hot pot for christmas dinner lol
    But am making cheese cake as a christmas cake. What are you gonna eat?

    返信削除
  2. Merry Christmas:D haha. I ate curry in Christmas. I eat it every year in Christmas, but I don't know why I eat it every year. I ate cake I bought at Royal Host after dinner.

    返信削除